This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
Okay but Never Gonna Give You Up (better known as Rickroll) is actually a really really horrible song for many reasons, which I will better explain under the cut.
Brace yourselves, this is pretty long.
Hey! Made a compilation of the darkest corners of the internet.
- Dionaea House: a horrifying story, told through two guys mail conversation, about how a haunted house
- Page of Ted: another haunting story about a man’s experience in an uncharted cave
- Castle of Spirits: a website with ghost stories, experiences and pictures. my mom banned me from going here because I used to freak myself out as a kid from this website
- Deep Cave: A man breaks scuba depth world record and finds the body of the last man to attempt it while down there. He makes plans to recover the body, but dies during the attempt. This is his website, as he left it, before he went on his last dive.
- Reborn Baby Dolls: where you can buy dolls that look EXACTLY and feel EXACTLY like a newborn baby
- Find a Grave: a website where you can find the graves of ancestors or famous people, create virtual memorials, add ‘virtual flowers’ and a note to a loved one’s grave
- This Man: a website about 1000’s of people all over the world, dreaming of the same man. Some say he’s the devil some say he’s god.
- Exit Mundi: a collection of end of the world scenario’s
- Haunted House: where you can find any haunted house in the U.S
- Truthism: an extremely wacko cult website about how reptilian aliens are responsible for everything wrong, how humanity is controlled by aliens and how the sun is a cube and that the inner Earth exists
- The Jonestown Mass Suicide Death Tape: Trigger warning and you know why
- Shaye Saint John: The story/myths behind Shaye Saint John is that she was a hot woman who was horribly disfigured in a car accident. As a result, she appears in public wearing this creepy mask, and hobbles along with prosthetic legs and hands. This is her website
- SCP Foundation: collection of fictional works that its members contribute that deal with the “paranormal”. They range all the way from a television working without a broadcasting station, to deadly creatures that have never been encountered
- Blog of Joseph E. Duncan: sentenced to death by a federal jury on August 27, 2008 for the kidnapping, of Dylan and Shasta Groene and murder of Dylan. He had been convicted of a sex crime years before. Go back to the beginning and read forward. You can trace his further descent into madness.
- Annie96 is typing: a creepy chat between two teenagers that has a horrific twist at the end
Alright, I hope you enjoy. Maybe look through these one day at a sleep over with some friends. That would be fun.
Speaking of sleepovers, here’s a masterpost of creepy sleep-over games
SHAYE SAINT JOHN STARTLED ME
it’s got noise in it, really really creepy noise. Just be careful, okay?
Can I add to this list?
Click on the bolded word(s). No screamers, promise!
This is awesome
Hey guys :)
sixpenceee here again with some more websites! Thank you for the other tumblr user that added my father’s long,long legs.
- TED IS GOD: a website of a guy who thinks he’s the superior overlord. Just go through it and you’ll see his ever increasing insanity.
- Book of Immanuel David Isaiah: Authorities believe this is the work of Brian David Mitchell, suspected of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart in 2001. Complete raving nonsense.
- Urban Exploration Resource: a database of creepy urban exploring sites. They’ve got everything from abandoned nuclear silos in Ukraine to Saddam Hussein’s destroyed palace. Chances are you’ll find something in your own city.
- Dan’s Gallery of the Grotesque: Okay, this site is HORRIBLE. I know I’m a paranormal blogger but I post NO gore. I can’t stand it. Maybe some corpses once in a while, but no full entangled bloody gruesome gore. But for those of you who like it, then this site is perfect for you.
- Time Cube: the website of a guy who claims that modern physicists are wrong and how each day is actually 4 days happening at the same time. Some bizarre things here.
- Last Words: a website of cockpit voice recordings of commercial airline crashes. There are some audio but most are transcriptions.
- Unsolved murder cases websites: Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders, Keddie Murders, Taman Shud Case
- Number Stations: method of communication with spies, the website contains recordings of how they do this
the thing is, Bucky only has like, 10 lines in CATWS. but 9 out of those 10 lines make you wanna set yourself on fire.
KENNY LOOKS LIKE FUCKING FLUFFLE PUFF
I LOVE HOW KYLE HAS THE SAME EXPRESSION THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE
this is perhaps the most broken economy ever conceived
could someone please make me a suit of chainmail using this method?
So I found online versions of popular gothic/horror novels. Enjoy and feel free to add to this list!
THE CASTLE OF OTRANTO BY HORACE WALPOLE (known as the first gothic novel)
REBECCA BY DAPHNE DU MAURIER (I read this one, perfect creepiness, tragic romance and a plot twist that will leave you with your mouth hanging open)
WRITINGS OF H.P LOVECRAFT (regarded as one of the best horror writers)
STEPHEN KING NOVELS
- THE SHINING
- PET SEMATARY
- SALEM’S LOT
- THE STAND
- DOCTOR SLEEP
- BAG OF BONES
- DIFFERENT SEASONS
- THE DEAD ZONE
- THE GREEN MILE
- DARK TOWER 1: THE GUN SLINGER
- SKELETON CREW
ORIGINAL GOOSEBUMPS BY R.L STONE (take a trip back to childhood)
- WELCOME TO DEAD HOUSE
- STAY OUT OF THE BASEMENT
- MONSTER BLOOD
- SAY CHEESE AND DIE
- THE HAUNTED MASK
- ONE DAY AT HORROR LAND
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DUMMY
- VAMPIRE BREATH
- GHOST CAMP
- HOW I GOT MY SHRUNKEN HEAD
- THIS SITE HAD A LOT OF HIS BOOKS, JUST SCROLL DOWN
PENPAL BY DATHAN AUERBACH (Let me just tell you this guy started out as a reddit user writing online horror stories and now he has a novel out, I’ve linked you to the terrifying story that got him famous, you can learn more about his novel here)
Okay that’s all I got for now. This post took me 3 years to make. Feel free to add on to this list.
If any of these novels have got you on the edge (*coughs* Stephen King) be sure to check out my masterpost of things to make you feel better when you get too scared.
I’m so happy that this finally exists!